Why give up what you are entitled to?
When a relationship breaks down, the focus can quickly turns to assets, and any remaining civility can be lost.
Now, more than ever, you need professional advice.
No two cases are the same, so we will provide honest, realistic and experienced advice, based on your unique circumstances.
Even if you agree on a separation of assets, including property and money, legal advice is still critical to protect your future.
The team at Thomas Booler Lawyers can help you:
- Identify the total of all assets at stake – even assets you may not be aware of
- Advise on you and your partner’s financial and non-financial contributions
- Assist in resolving any disputes
- Make court appearances, when needed
- Advise on spousal maintenance financials
- Explain the division of superannuation
- Negotiate, settle and formalise an agreement
On the other end of the spectrum, if you are about to enter into a relationship, it’s wise to protect your assets for the future. We can create a binding financial agreement as an important legal first step.
Sometimes called a ‘pre-nuptial agreement’, this can protect your assets, should the relationship break down. This is especially important in cases where the incoming contributions of each partner are unequal.
No one expects to enter into ‘happily ever after’ thinking it could all go wrong, But an investment up front in sound legal counsel could save you from costly and time-consuming disputes down the track.
For better or for worse – talk to us today about protecting your assets.